Friday, October 19, 2012

Writer's Block

So the last couple of months I've really been struggling with writer's block, and frankly still am! I have turned another year older, as well as my husband. We have started to plan for the holidays. I am looking forward to the family coming to visit over the next few months. I've been doing a lot of life reflecting!

I've struggled with turning 27, yeh I know it's not old, but it's a turning point. I don't exactly see myself as a grown-up even though I am. I don't feel old, usually. I look at how much I have grown, matured, changed, and accomplished over the years. Next year is my 10 year high school reunion which seems almost impossible. Sadly I don't think I will be able to go due to our move to Hawaii. This makes me sad, but I only talk to a handful from school anyway. I'm not quite where I thought I'd be when I turned 27, but at the same time I wouldn't change where I am. I also feel the crunch of certain clocks now, which I'm not overly thrilled about.

We are officially planning our Thanksgiving and Christmas things. We are planning our dinner for Thanksgiving which will include some of the single soldier's in Jesse's unit. We don't want anyone to be left out! We are planning our Christmas gifts for our families, since we aren't heading home. Lots of homemade gifts this year are in the works! These are definitely going to be thoughtful and useful!

From now till the end of the year there is at least one family member coming to visit a month! I'm excited and will make the holidays seem a little more bearable. We don't know yet if any family will be with us on Christmas yet, but at least we'll see them beforehand.

As I start my homemade gifts I'll be sure to share some tips that I find for some of these projects! Wish me luck in solving this writer's block!!

No comments:

Post a Comment