Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time to catch up

So I have lots of things to get you all caught up on. The last two and a half weeks have been really busy. Hubby was promoted, I went to my first Military Ball, went through my first night alone, we had our first BBQ, and went through our first TX spring storm.

The Military Ball was nice, it took a while to find a dress. I managed to find a really pretty purple one strap dress the day before the ball. Of course it was freezing, so I was thankful that I bought a matching a shawl to help keep me warm for the walk from the parking lot. The one picture that I have of us isn't flattering we both look quite chubby. Once we get the professional pictures back I will post it. The dinner was surprisingly amazing. Very very tasty and the take home gift was one of the best favors in a while. Wine Glasses engraved with the Battalion's insignia and motto. Overall it was a really nice night.

 Of course two day's later hubby has his first CQ duty with his new rank. Luckily it was a gloomy and rainy day so I didn't really want to do anything anyway. I made Chicken Noodle Soup, biscuits, and brownies to take up to him for dinner. Of course I made multiple trips up to him because he would call me every few hours and ask me to bring him something. I know he couldn't leave because he was the one in charge, but I'm not sure how much he wanted those things versus wanting to see me. Luckily where he was from our house is not even a mile away. If it wasn't raining I could have walked.

Since I haven't been that social lately and haven't met that many people yet. We decided that for Saint Patrick's Day we would have a BBQ. I spent the day before baking many many cupcakes. I made three different types. Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes, a Hard Cider cupcake with a Chocolate Guinness Frosting, and for the kids Funfetti cupcakes with Green Vanilla Frosting and homemade green sprinkles. Then for the actual BBQ we had hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob done on the grill, jalapeno poppers, Veggie platter, chips, dip, salsa, meatballs, broccoli casserole, 7 layer dip, and I'm sure there's things I'm forgetting. It was good party and turn out. People actually stayed for quite a while so I was pleasantly surprised.

After the BBQ we were invited by two other couples to go to the dirt track for racing. It was a lot of fun and entertaining to watch. It definitely made me miss home though. It was a nice cheap date though. Only $12/person to get in and hours of unexpected entertainment including people watching. It definitely helped that we had good company.

Then for the big bang we went through our first Texas Spring Storm. The way this thing was hyped up I expected it to be much worse. But it equated to a good summer thunderstorm in FL. I can understand why they freak out over it though, especially when they aren't used to it. I agree that it could have been much worse, there could have been tornadoes and bigger hail and still stronger winds. Luckily there wasn't. I would have felt right at home if the storm had happened during the afternoon.

I think that's everything major that has happened the past couple of weeks. I promise I'm trying to get better and more frequent at this! Have a fantastical day and congratulations if you read this far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment